The cashews in this dairy-free ice cream give it an incredibly creamy texture making it difficult to tell that it is dairy-free. It is hard to believe that a few simple ingredients can produce this delicious healthy treat! After you have finished freezing the ice cream in your ice cream maker, it’s usually the texture of soft-serve ice cream. You can eat it right away or store in the freezer for later. When stored in the freezer, it will harden a lot more than store-bought ice cream because it is not whipped and aerated the way commercially produced ice cream is. Set it out on the counter for 20-30 minutes before serving or zap it in the microwave to soften. Enjoy!Print
2 cups raw cashews
2 cups filtered water plus more for soaking cashews
3/4 cup real maple syrup
1/2 cup raw cacao
1/4 tsp sea salt
1 TBSP real vanilla extract
- Place the cashews in a medium bowl and cover with filtered water.
- Loosely cover and soak the cashews at room temperature for 6 hours or in the refrigerator overnight.
- Fill a blender with 2 cups of chilled filtered water.
- Drain the cashews and add them to the blender.
- Add the maple syrup, cacao, sea salt, and vanilla.
- Blend on high until smooth and creamy.
- Pour the mixture into an ice cream maker following the manufacturer’s directions.
- It should take about 20-30 minutes to reach the consistency of soft serve ice cream.
- Serve immediately or store in a sealed container in the freezer.
- Makes 1 quart of ice cream
Total time does not include soaking time (noted in the instructions).
- Prep Time: 35 min