This simple salad is as delicious as it is gorgeous. The bright grapefruit and creamy avocado complement each other impeccably well. To preserve the individual flavors of each fruit, I keep the dressing simple using only olive oil and Maldon sea salt. The microgreens add an additional boost of nutrients, and the pistachios give the salad a delightful crunch. This salad is a beautiful accompaniment to any brunch, lunch, or dinner table.Print
3 cups arugula
2 ripe but firm avocados
2 ruby red grapefruits
1/3 cup pistachios nuts, roughly chopped
1/2 cup of microgreens
Olive oil for drizzling
Maldon sea salt, or other coarse sea salt flakes
- Using a sharp knife, trim off the ends of a grapefruit and place it with the cut side up.
- Cut off the rind and pith following the shape of the fruit, taking care not to remove too much of the flesh.
- Slice lengthwise between the membrane and a section of the grapefruit. Repeat on the other side of the segment.
- Repeat until all of the grapefruit segments are cut and removed.
- Repeat with the second grapefruit.
- Cut an avocado in half lengthwise and remove the pit.
- Using a large spoon scoop out the flesh of the avocado in one piece.
- Place the avocado with the cut side down on a cutting board and slice lengthwise.
- Repeat with the second avocado.
- Place the arugula on a medium platter or in a shallow bowl.
- Arrange the grapefruit sections and avocado over the arugula, alternating between fruits.
- Drizzle olive oil over the salad.
- Sprinkle sea salt flakes over the salad.
- Top with the microgreens.
- Sprinkle the pistachio nuts on top of the salad.
- Serves 2-4.
- Prep Time: 10 min