Nothing says summer like fresh tomatoes, especially if they come from your garden or the local farmers’ market. One of my favorite ways to eat tomatoes is with fresh basil and garlic. This grilled chicken bruschetta recipe is similar to traditional bruschetta except I skip the toasted bread and use grilled chicken breasts in its place. This dish is a great one to have on repeat during the warm summer months. It is light and packed with flavor. To chiffonade the basil, remove the stems and stack the leaves on top of each other. Roll the basil lengthwise like a cigar. Then slice the roll crosswise into thin strips. Enjoy!Print
3–4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
1 pint cherry tomatoes
6 garlic cloves minced
1 cup basil cut chiffonade
1/4 cup olive oil
1 tsp sea salt
Additional olive oil and salt for chicken
- Slice the cherry tomatoes and place in a mesh strainer to drain excess juice.
- In a small bowl combine tomatoes, garlic, basil, 1/4 cup olive oil, 1 tsp sea salt and set aside.
- Place one chicken breast half on a cutting board, flat side down.
- Place the palm of your hand on top of the breast to secure.
- Using a very sharp knife, slowly cut through the breast horizontally starting with the thicker side.
- Repeat with the remaining breast halves.
- Drizzle the chicken with a little olive oil and season with sea salt.
- Preheat the grill to medium-high.
- Grill the chicken for 2-3 minutes per side or until cooked through.
- Place the chicken breasts on a platter and top with the bruschetta mixture.
- Drizzle with balsamic vinegar.
- Serves 4-6.
- Prep Time: 14 min
- Cook Time: 6 min