I love the combination of apples, cheddar cheese, and smoked almonds in this salad. Adding these ingredients to fresh spinach and topping it with a simple honey dijon dressing makes a delicious salad. This recipe couldn’t be easier to prepare and is always a crowd-pleaser.
4 cups of fresh spinach
4 oz. sharp cheddar
1 apple, I like Honeycrisp, but any variety will do
1/2 cup chopped smoked almonds
3 TBSP olive oil
1 TBSP white balsamic vinegar or fresh lemon juice
1 TBSP dijon mustard
1 tsp honey
1/4 tsp sea salt
- Chop the fresh spinach and place in a large salad bowl.
- Cut the cheddar cheese into small cubes and place on top of the spinach.
- Core and dice the apple and add to the salad.
- Add the smoked almonds.
- In a small jar, add the olive oil, vinegar or lemon juice, dijon mustard, honey, and sea salt.
- Place a lid on the jar and shake until combined.
- Pour over the salad and toss well.
- Prep Time: 15 min