I hesitate to call any food my favorite, but I could eat this salad all day, every day. It’s dressed with Macadamia nut oil and fresh lemon juice which allows the raw flavors of the other ingredients to shine through. The sautéed and seasoned almonds add just the right amount of additional flavor. This salad is fresh and crunchy and oh so good! You will love it. Enjoy!Print
2 teaspoons olive oil
⅔ cup raw slivered almonds
¼ teaspoon sea salt
1 teaspoon cumin
3 cups chopped kale
3 cups chopped spinach
2 cups broccoli florets
¼ cup hemp seeds
Macadamia Nut oil, about 2 Tablespoons
- Place olive oil in a small sauté pan over medium heat.
- Add almonds and begin to toast, stirring frequently.
- Sauté until golden adding salt and cumin when almost done.
- Set almonds aside.
- Place kale and spinach in a salad bowl.
- Dice avocado and add to bowl.
- Cut broccoli florets into small pieces and add to bowl.
- Add toasted almonds and hemp seeds.
- Drizzle macadamia nut oil over the salad.
- Cut lemon in half and squeeze the juice from both halves over the salad.
- Toss salad and season with salt and pepper to taste
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cook Time: 5 min