It is easy to make your own powdered hot chocolate mix to have on hand for a quick warm treat on a cold winter day. This Dairy-Free Mexican Hot Chocolate Mix is rich and creamy with a kick of spice from the cinnamon and cayenne. Packaged in a cute glass jar and tied with a ribbon, the mix also makes a nice hostess or holiday gift.Print
1 cup coconut milk powder
1 1/2 cup coconut sugar
1/2 cup cocoa powder
1 Tablespoon cinnamon
3/8 teaspoon cayenne
3 ounce bar of dark chocolate
- Sift the coconut milk powder, coconut sugar, cocoa powder, cinnamon and cayenne through a mesh strainer into a large bowl.
- Chop the dark chocolate bar into tiny pieces and add it to the powdered mix.
- Mix the ingredients well and place in an airtight container.
- To serve, warm 1 cup of almond or other plant-based milk in a small saucepan over medium heat.
- When the milk is hot, add 2 1/2 Tablespoons of hot chocolate mix and stir until well combined.
- Pour into a mug and serve.